When you choose to become a pet parent, you might not necessarily give a lot of thought about spending time apart from your animal. Nevertheless, there may be occasions that arise where it simply isn’t possible for your pet to be with you. Examples include going on vacation or a business trip, staying in hospital or even having your home remodeled.
Although you may have friends or family members that can potentially take on your pet, it is a big responsibility to pass on to someone else, particularly if they aren’t experienced in looking after animals and don’t know your pet as well as you do.
We understand that trusting others to take care of your pet can be extremely daunting. After all, you want to be sure that he will be in safe, experienced and caring hands. When you choose professional pet boarding with us, you can have the peace of mind that your furry friend will be properly looked after from the moment you drop him off until the moment you come to collect him and take him home.
There are a number of reasons why it is much better, both for you and your pet, to choose a professional boarding service to take temporary care of your pet when you are unable to. Some of the most popular benefits include the following:
- Modern, comfortable facilities that are designed specifically with the safety and care of pets in mind.
- Care provided by experienced professionals who understand animal behavior and are passionate about pet welfare.
- Guaranteed regular interaction with humans and, if you opt-in, your pet may have social time with other animals in our care. This can be invaluable if your pet suffers from separation anxiety and would benefit from regularly seeing a friendly face!
- Proper exercise. No need to worry about asking family or friends to find enough time to slot regular walking or exercise for your pet into their daily routine. Boarding staff makes sure that all pets, especially dogs, get the exercise that they need to remain healthy.
- A diet to suit your pet. Most boarding facilities offer a range of feeds. If there isn’t one suitable for your pet, you can usually supply your own to be fed to him instead.
- Medication, if necessary, can be administered by trained professionals. It can be tricky for someone who isn’t used to administering medication to animals to do it properly. When you choose professional boarding, there will be at least one staff member with the experience to ensure your furbaby gets the medicine he needs.
- Access to a veterinarian. Although you may have your own vet nearby, many professional boarding facilities have a veterinary professional on hand at all times, giving you the peace of mind that your pet will be properly cared for if he becomes unwell.
If you would like to find out more about our pet boarding services, or if you would like to schedule a visit to come and see our facility for yourself, please get in touch with 4 Paws Veterinary Hospital in Duffield, VA where our friendly team will be happy to help you (276) 431-4838.